Act 4 or The Ending is the fourth and final act of Slay the Spire.
How to Access[edit | edit source]
First you need to ''win'' (defeat the Act 3 Boss) with all characters at least once. Then, upon starting a new run with any character, you will notice a strange triangular symbol next to your name. This is where the keys will go.
There are 3 keys: the Ruby Key, the Emerald Key and the Sapphire Key.
- To get the Ruby Key, you need to go to a Rest Site and there will be an option called ''Recall'' to acquire it.
- To get the Emerald Key, you must search the map for a ''burning'' Elite encounter, which will be powered-up. There is one in each act. Defeat one of them and you will receive the normal payout, plus the key.
- To get the Sapphire Key, you need to find a Chest. The key is ''linked'' with the item, meaning you can only take one. So, you are esentially forgoing a relic.
After obtaining all the keys, once you complete Act 3, you will go to Act 4. This can be done in any Ascension.
All three keys must be collected on each new run in order to access Act 4. However, you don't need to take them at the first opportunity:
- The Ruby Key can be obtained at any Rest Site.
- The Emerald Key can be acquired from any of the three ''burning'' Elites.
- The Sapphire Key can be secured from any Non-boss Chest, including ? Chests. You may wait for a Chest with a useless Relic to get it.
Note: You must win with all characters after Act 4 was introduced, which was during the November 16, 2018 patch. However, if you won with all three characters before the Watcher was introduced, then Act 4 will remain unlocked even if you don't win with the Watcher.
Act 4 Details[edit | edit source]
The Act 4 map has a single path which is always the following:
- A Rest Site
- A Shop
- An Elite fight against the Spire Shield and Spire Spear
- A Boss fight against the Corrupt Heart
References[edit | edit source]
- "Slay the Spire adds Act 4" - Rock Paper Shotgun https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/11/16/slay-the-spire-adds-act-4/