A Note For Yourself is an uncommon Event found in the first three acts of the Spire. It is a unique event because it carries cards between runs; it gives you a card and requires you to store one(thus removing it from your deck), then giving you the card you stored next time you encounter it.When the player initially encounters this event, its card is an Iron Wave.
This event cannot be encountered on Ascension level 15 or higher, and to be encountered on Ascension levels 14 or lower, the player must have beaten that ascension level on the chosen character already. Outside of Ascension Mode, the event can be encountered regardless of whether the player has won before.
- Interestingly, the player can encounter this event in Custom Mode and store otherwise unobtainable cards such as Pride in the event. Alternatively, one could store a highly-upgraded Searing Blow.
- If a card such as Ritual Dagger or Genetic Algorithm is stored, it loses all additional damage or Block respectively.
- This event can be used to store cards from other classes for amazing synergies. A great example of this is Juggernaut + After Image, which is a powerful synergy rarely available otherwise.
- You cannot store a card that is in a bottle, such as Bottled Flame
- Patch V2.0: The Watcher
- Fixed egg relics not upgrading card received from A Note To Yourself.
- Weekly Patch 56: The Collector
- Fix for crash issues with Note For Yourself event and modded cards.
- Weekly Patch 54: Loop
- A Note For Yourself event is now available if you aren't playing your highest ascension AND the ascension level is 14 or less.
- Note For Yourself event no longer crashes with modded cards.
- Weekly Patch 50: The Final Act
- A Note For Yourself event is now out of beta.