A Note For Yourself is an event that can appears in the first three Act. You found a card left by someone, along with a mysterious note that is supposedly written by yourself.
[Take and Give] Receive a card that you had stored previously, and store a card in your deck in return.
- The first time the player encounters this event in their save file, it will have Iron Wave stored.
[Ignore] Nothing happens.
|You spot a loose brick within a pillar that catches your eye.|
|You find a folded note and a card inside. It reads "The Heart awaits." This is your handwriting.|
|"What is going on?"|
- This event can store a card between runs, and allows the player to obtain a card from a different character.
- If you store an upgraded card, it remains upgraded when found on another run.
- On Ascension 14 or lower, the player must have beaten that Ascension level on the chosen character in order to encounter this event.
- This event cannot be encountered on Ascension level 15 or higher,
- Outside of Ascension Mode, the event can be encountered regardless of whether the player has won before.
- If a card such as Ritual Dagger or Genetic Algorithm is stored, its damage or Block is reverted to the initial value.
- However, Searing Blow retains its upgrade level.
- Interestingly, the player can encounter this event in Custom Mode and store otherwise unobtainable cards such as Pride in the event. One could store a highly-upgraded Searing Blow this way.
- Since storing a card removes it from your deck, you cannot store a card that is Bottled.
- Patch V2.0: The Watcher
- Fixed egg relics not upgrading card received from A Note To Yourself.
- Weekly Patch 56: The Collector
- Fix for crash issues with Note For Yourself event and modded cards.
- Weekly Patch 54: Loop
- A Note For Yourself event is now available if you aren't playing your highest ascension AND the ascension level is 14 or less.
- Note For Yourself event no longer crashes with modded cards.
- Weekly Patch 50: The Final Act
- A Note For Yourself event is now out of beta.